Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Indigo Books & McIntosh Book Shoppe

BOOK SIGNINGS UPDATE

I will be on Johns Island (Freshfields Village) at Indigo Books this Sunday, June 24 from 2:00 - 4:00 PM to sign copies of my historical novel, Kedzie, Saint Helena Island Slave, the story of a young girl’s courage in spite of heartache and loss.

My thanks to McIntosh Book Shoppe in Beaufort (919 Bay St.) which arranged my book signing on Saturday, May 5. I, along with John Warley, greeted book lovers passing by. Actually, John did more of the greeting. He is naturally gregarious while I’m more inclined to read a book instead of hawk one. 

At Beaufort, I met a former owner of Tombee (a St. Helena Island plantation house), a lovely lady who said she moved to get more closets. That’s understandable. I noticed while house hunting in Charleston (I didn’t buy) that historic homes are not only short of closets but are usually updated by adding the plumbing to the back of the house.

I was unnecessarily nervous about what would be published in the Beaufort Gazette following an interview regarding the Beaufort book signing. It appeared Sunday, April 29 and was faithful to my comments.

Fiction Addiction, an independent bookstore at 1020 Woodruff Road, Greenville, hosted my first book signing on April 12. Owner Jill Hendrix was most accommodating and has been a long-time supporter of SCWW writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment