Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Lexington County Museum

Laura and Marco Valtorta with me at the museum.
DUST ON THE BIBLE Book Signing
December 13, 2015


Sunday's book signing and Christmas Open House at the Lexington County Museum brought out carloads of history lovers and readers of historical fiction. 

My display was on the porch of the Hazelius House where I met visitors as they lined up to begin their tour of the grounds. I was happy about compliments on the cover of Dust On the Bible
To my left is Farroll Gunter, 
who also grew up in the Fairview community.

Inside the Hazelius House visitors were invited to nosh on Christmas fare such as gingerbread and apple cider. I had to make a couple of trips inside for stollen bread, one of my favorite holiday treats.


People came in shorts and flip flops. Must have been 70 degrees with sunshine. Though I didn't get to see the demonstrations, I would love to have seen the blacksmith sweating before the fire.

I was delighted by visits from long-time friends such as Farroll Gunter, Miriam Poole, Gloria Collum, Heather and Etta Flowers, Laura and Marco Valtorta, Ginny and Wade Padgett, Carole Rothstein.

My thanks to Director J.R. Fennell, his staff, and museum volunteers who made my visit a day to remember. And thanks to Doug Stanard for the photos.

Gloria Collum (l.), Heather Flowers (rt) with her daughter Etta.


No comments:

Post a Comment