Friday, January 5, 2018

New Year 2018




My New Year's Resolutions

1. Publish a second illustrated witch book for children.

2. Seclude myself one week a month until I finish a first draft of my 1672 story.

3. Learn to ice skate.

4. Go to church Sundays.

Two of my resolutions are about writing, which I’ve neglected for two months. I thought my witch story was practically ready to publish when I realized that it will in some respects be a sequel to my first children's book, in which the witch discovers she’s allergic to cats. What’s a witch without cats? The follow-up book has to deal with her allergy. So I’ll either add to what I’ve written already or I’ll write a different book to interface between book one and book three. 

I’m good at finding distractions to take me away from writing, and primary among them is shopping. I’m afraid I’m becoming a shopaholic; I spend too much time searching for exactly the right item (almost right isn’t for me), especially since Amazon makes so many choices available. I’m planning to disconnect from Wi-Fi for a week every month in the hope that I become more productive.

Ice Skating
In December I discovered an ice skating rink in Irmo, SC, not far from my house. I hope I can do this without breaking any bones.

Church
Been listening to C.S. Lewis’ book “Mere Christianity.” It has inspired me to be more methodical about supporting my beliefs.

I don't have this scene outside my window, but if you do, stay warm! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment