Saturday, February 10, 2018

my day with a cold

-->

FLU HEADLINES COME TO ROOST

As I write this, I pause occasionally to wipe my nose. I hack up phlegm (yuk!). My eyes feel like they’re squeezed into keyholes. Days of this, and you’d think I’d be used to it.

Am I happy about this? Well, maybe. It’s not the flu...which sent my brother to the hospital for several days. He was totally wiped out, took him hours to get to a phone to call for help. And when he got to the emergency room at Lexington Medical Center, he had to wait 24 hours to be admitted to a room. The hospital was packed with patients. Because of the flu, said the staff.

I haven’t been out of the house. First of all, because I don’t feel like it but secondly because I don’t want to spread my virus. However, I expect to be going full throttle in a couple of days, if the old adage that a virus takes 10 days is true.

UPCOMING EVENT - FEB. 22
Even with headache and sore throat, I’ve worked on a presentation for the SC State Library. I’ll be there Thursday, Feb. 22 at noon to talk about my novel What Missing Means. The Library is located at 1500 Senate Street in Columbia, SC. My appearance is hosted by Speaker @ the Center.


No comments:

Post a Comment