Monday, February 26, 2018

presentation, speaker @ the center

-->

TALKING ABOUT MY NOVEL


My presentation at the Speaker @ the Center Thursday was well received, if by a small audience. Nonetheless, the faces that looked at me were animated, interested, and at times amused by what I said. Thank you, to those of you who made me feel special by being there.
Me and Andersen Cook (rt.)
I benefited from this event no doubt more than my audience. Preparing for it, I had to look into my motives, inspirations, and writing habits. I discovered personal connections to the story of What Missing Means that I had been unaware of. And this public forum gave me the opportunity to touch on debates among historical fiction writers.

Thank-you to Andersen Cook and Speaker @ the Center for the invitation to speak, and to the SC State Library for hosting the event. 

Me, my sister Nila, and Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment