Monday, March 19, 2018

Blog Post Columbia II



Writing for Columbia II Writers Workshop

My article “Autobiographical Influences” is featured on the Columbia II writers blog this week. Maybe one of the reasons we write is to record not only what we see about us but to discover the past and its influence on the present. The South has yet to overcome some of the mistakes of our history. This has provided inspiration for writers from William Faulkner to Alice Walker.

Writing an autobiography is not something that interests me. However, my latest novel, WhatMissing Means, is evidence that I have been writing about my background, even if the story isn’t about me.

To read my previously published blogs, click here. Columbia II is a chapter of the South Carolina Writers Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment