Monday, February 27, 2012

Fiction Addiction


BOOK SIGNING

February 27, 2012

I will be signing copies of my debut novel, Kedzie: Saint Helena Island Slave (FairView News, paperback, $16.95), at Fiction Addiction Bookstore in Greenville, SC on Thursday, April 12 (12:00-2:00 pm).

KEDZIE is an historical fiction that has taken ten years to write. I hope to have a companion novel out in the summer. My interest in Southern history dates back to my childhood in rural South Carolina where my father farmed cotton with the help of black farmhands who were descendants of slaves and still struggling to make their way as free men and women.

My love of antebellum diaries has given me material from which I’ve based the characters and events of Kedzie. The central character of this story, but for her ability to read, could have been any one of thousands of young slave girls in the years leading up to the war. However her expereinces set her apart, which enables her to more effectively fight the shackles of slavery. Hers is a story of not just survival, but of prevailing over hardships.

If you can’t make the signing, you can reserve a personalized copy of Kedzie by contacting Fiction Addiction in advance at 864-675-0540 or at info@fiction-addiction.com.

ABOUT FICTION ADDICTION - Fiction Addiction is a local, independent bookstore established in 2001. The store carries a mixture of new and used fiction and nonfiction and is located in Greenville at 1020A Woodruff Road.


No comments:

Post a Comment