Sunday, October 18, 2015

Yemassee Festival


LOWCOUNTRY ARTS & LITERARY FESTIVAL

Hope you can be at the festival this Saturday (Oct. 24). Take a look at the trailer on YouTube. My photo appears at about the 2 min 52 second spot. At 10:00 Saturday morning, I'll be there with other authors as well as artists, and musicians. You'll find us under the grand old oak trees on the grounds of the historic Frampton Plantation in Yemassee, South Carolina. 

It's the perfect location to talk about antebellum history as it's portrayed in my four novels. Today I've formatted and printed a promotional hand-out with a photo of the covers of my books.


My assistants, Richard Harley and Nila Rawls, will help me hoist a tent, unload my table and chairs, and haul in the books. I hope the tent will only be needed to shade me from the bright sunshine. 

After the festival is over, Richard, Nila, and I are driving to Beaufort (about 20 miles away) on Sunday for the "Kitchens & Cuisine" tour of the Fall Festival of Houses & Gardens. My experience has been that Beaufort homes are more interesting than those in Charleston, at least the ones I've seen on tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment