Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Sparkleberry in Columbia


I hope to see you at the
SPARKLEBERRY COUNTRY FAIR
APRIL 30, 2016

I’m looking forward to having an author’s booth at the Sparkleberry Country Fair in northeast Columbia April 30th.

The event, billed as a great old-fashioned country fair, draws over 20,000 people. Exhibits will show where food comes from and where we get milk, eggs, and vegetables. It’s a tribute to the days when life revolved around the family farm. 
A reminder of our agrarian roots.
There will be over a hundred booths with a variety of exhibits such as blacksmithing, aviation, wood work, petting zoo, pony rides, tractor show, Native Americans, and classic cars. Master Gardeners will sell native plants as well as plants that attract birds, bees and butterflies. And there will be carnival rides. Performances on two stages will spotlight local talent throughout the day, including a cow milking contest.
It's an egg, but do the kids know about chickens?
My booth will be located in the Arts & Crafts section near the gazebo. I’ll be there Saturday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. with my antebellum series and “Dust On the Bible.” I hope you’ll come and stop by my booth.
 
Location: 900 Clemson Road, Columbia, SC (Clemson University Sandhill Research and Education Center), on the corner of Clemson and Two Notch Road.
Admission: $5 a car load

No comments:

Post a Comment