Tuesday, July 5, 2016

At home on the Fourth


Gratitude on the Fourth

On this Fourth I was reminded to be grateful for the first Americans who fought to create our nation. And to be grateful to those in the military who continually protect the freedoms that were hard won by our ancestors. In my everyday life, I often forget to be grateful. Just reminding myself.

It was too hot (98 degrees) for a picnic, so only Doug stayed outside to grill hamburgers. Meantime, the guys sat inside and talked, solving the world's problems, while I, with help from Carole and Nila, put together side dishes and drinks. Celebrating the Fourth with family and friends made the day special. 

Doug at the grill in our back yard.

Sister Nila after taking a swim with me.

Friends Jerry and Carole.

No comments:

Post a Comment