Friday, November 11, 2016

Dylan's Township Auditorium Show



BOB DYLAN

Last night I was in a packed audience watching Bob Dylan’s concert at the Township Auditorium in Columbia. His gravely voice chewed the lyrics into incomprehension, but it didn’t disguise the genius of the music. His band mastered a variety of tempos and musical instruments, controlled by the drummer, who had a library of rhythms. 

Dylan’s stage presence is as unsophisticated as his voice, appearing at times as if he didn’t know what to do with his hands. However, the show was polished with every moment orchestrated. I had the feeling these guys could put on the show in their sleep. Dylan didn’t say a word to the audience, just sang. And played an impressive piano. I was reminded how much I like his music.

Dylan is in the center in white. My seat was on the third balcony.

No comments:

Post a Comment