Saturday, December 30, 2017

A Pause in the Entertainment



GOOD-BY HOLIDAYS 
For the last month, I’ve been doing a lot of not writing. Instead, traveling and visiting...
Me at the Manekin Pis in Brussels, Belgium.
With my husband Doug:
Doug at Waterloo battlefield, Belgium.
 
Me at Sherlock Holmes museum, London.
And celebrating and visiting with family. 

Visit with son Matt and grandson Ivan.
Had Thanksgiving with son Davis and his family. Here I'm with his wife Cindy and daughter Ava. 


But today I’m getting back to my historical fiction manuscript.

For intermittent periods I’ve been working on this manuscript for over a year. It’s about time I buckled down and completed a first draft. 

There are a number of characters in the story, about six, not counting the ones that come and go. ­It will take a week of re-reading for me to get back into the story, that is to say, to figure out which characters own a horse, which ones have blue eyes, and which ones drink too much...you get the idea. 

Back to work. Oh, wait, I mean after New Year's Eve and New Year's Day...


No comments:

Post a Comment