Thursday, September 27, 2018

Indie Author Day 2018, Aiken, SC


Last year, setting up at Indie Author Day 2017

I’LL BE BACK

On Saturday, October 13, I’ll be selling and signing books at the Aiken Library from 10 AM until 5:00 PM during Indie Author Day. I attended last year and had a great time. Lots of book lovers wandered in and out. The guest speakers covered various aspects of writing. 

Justin Wheelon discussed script writing at the 2017 Indie Author Day
It’s a good time and place to meet local authors as well discuss the art and craft of writing. I’ll be one of over twenty authors at tables located on the first floor of the library. Last year, I met a number of interesting writers and visitors. 

Will Jones had assistance demonstrating song writing in 2017
Programs about everything from poetry to fiction to marketing techniques will be held in the meeting room throughout the day. Independent publishers will be in the foyer with information about services they offer. During lunch, visitors are invited to try their hand at writing with Ken Doyle’s Writing Sprints. And there will be door prizes.

I hope the speakers this year are as good as the ones last year. If you go, come by my table and say “hello.”

The address of the Library: 314 Chesterfield Street SW Aiken, SC 29801


To my left (in yellow shirt) is Mike Lythgoe, who discussed writing poetry in 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment