Thursday, June 15, 2023

Featured author RCPL

 AT RICHLAND MAIN LIBRARY

With Briget, an avid reader
 

Yesterday I had a good day at Richland Main Library as the featured author at their Wednesday Market. Not that many book sales, but the compensation was getting to meet readers, some of whom encouraged me in my writing. 

I sold a 20-page, self-made book of Slave Narratives that I turned into narrative prose poems. I'm thinking about brushing up the copy and publishing it with IngramSpark. Our American history has a dearth of information about the lives of Southern slaves. Though Southern slavery is a political minefield to publishers, I think those lives (mostly of sacrifice) should be brought to light and if not honored, at least recognized.

My thanks to Antia Martin and the library for yesterday's invitation.

This afternoon I'll attend author Katherine Reay's presentation at the Blended Bakery in Lexington. I'm more interested in her presentation than her book.

No comments:

Post a Comment