Saturday, December 11, 2021

Bonnie Appearances

 Photos of Book Festivals

At Aiken Book Fair Nov. 13

It's been my pleasure to participate in several recent book events, opportunities for me to meet readers and other writers. To get my work done, I spend a lot of time alone in front of a computer. Thanks to our libraries, writer associations, and other art organizations, people like me have a chance to get away from a desk.

At Aiken Christmas Craft Show Dec. 3-4

I know I'm not the only author who finds selling books an onerous task. However, these occasions combine socializing with selling, which lightens the load. The work that goes into packing books, tables, posters, displays, tablecloths, and sometimes tents, is worth the effort.

 

At Lourie Ctr. Books for Gifts Nov. 18
 

If I had the means, the finances, and the influence, I'd make an Art, Pottery, & Letters festival with books, paintings, photographs, and pottery. Painters and pottters have as much of a challenge selling their products as writers. Those of us in the arts, by going our singular ways, don't attract the interest that a combination would.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment