Sunday, October 23, 2022

SC State Fair

 

Step right up and take a chance...

WENT TO THE STATE FAIR


First thing Doug and I did was to take the gondola ride across the fairground. It gives you a panorama view of neon lights, vendors, rides, and swarming people. You can smell the hamburgers cooking and hear the screamers on the rides.

 

More food vendors than games or rides. Corn dogs come in three sizes, but a foot-long one is more than I want. Doug and I bought a funnel cake, since we hadn’t tasted one in a long time. They look great, all that powdered sugar. And you might like it if you like gummy dough.

 

The barns with the animals are favorite attractions, especially the fowl house. Chickens are all sizes and colors—red, white, brown, black, or a combination of colors. But I look for the guineas and bantams. You can count on hearing the roosters crowing. 

 

I'm holding up the moon.
The art show is a reminder that we have talented artists in our state. I’d love to have taken several of the paintings home with me.

 

On our way out, we stopped and listened as a live band performed. What a show! Lively music sung by a group of double-jointed dancers. We knew the parking lot was full, so we left before the closing hour and avoided the traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment