Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Sales at Cayce


Doug did the selling and I did the signing.

WRAP-UP CAYCE FEST

 

I sold out of copies of “Dust On the Bible” at the Cayce Fest. It was one of those days that make you realize how great the weather can be when the sun shines and the breeze is pleasant. I’m glad I can still wear sandals without getting cold feet.

 

Doug helped me put up the tent and arrange the tables, books, and displays. Our location was not on the midway with the heavy traffic but on a dead-end spur. The bandstand was the scene for music all afternoon, a variety of styles from blues to reggae to bluegrass.

 

One fault was that there were too few food vendors. To buy a BBQ sandwich, you had to get in a long line and wait for about 20 minutes. The hot dog truck in front of our tent ran out of food.

 

It’s an event Cayce can be proud of. I hope it will return next year. 

 

We were under a big tree, in the shade.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment