Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Noir at the Bar, British Bulldog Pub

 HALLOWEEN STORIES

Noir readers: Irene Stern, Bonnie (me), Phil Lenski, Cathy Blake, AJ Brown,
Kasie Whitener, Raegan Teller, Paula Benson

 At last night's Noir at the Bar, I, along with seven other writers, read stories aloud to an audience. Some of us dressed in costumes, but nobody had one as ridiculous as mine. Wearing a wig is a real pain, it's hot, itchy, and in your face. Not only that, I had cut the hair before the show -- confusing in that I couldn't separate the cut pieces from the remaining hair. After I got to the Pub where everybody was eating dinner, a wad of hair fell out onto Chris Maw's dinner plate (Sorry, Chris). 

Part of the fun was being with other writers and friends. It was a thrill to have members of my aerobics group there. Linda Jackson, who is probably the only person who can keep me going to aerobics, mixes different exercises so that there's never a dull moment.

I was glad to have the challenge to write a scary story. Never tried it before. I discovered that you can throw together graves, ghosts, blood, fangs, black cats, and such and still not get a scary story. I've begun working on another one.

Bonnie Stanard in creepy mode


No comments:

Post a Comment