Monday, September 28, 2026

Art Sketches Submitted

 

SKETCHES TO THE SHOW

 

Yesterday I took to the Cantey building on the State Fairgrounds the two drawings I’m submitting for the art show during the SC State Fair. One is a face—I enjoy drawing faces more than anything else—and the other is a vase with wilted tulips. The show is curated, so I’ll be lucky to get mine accepted.

 

Sketching is relaxing and gives my brain a break. My favorite medium is colored pencils. I’d like to become more accomplished with acrylics. Mixing acrylic colors is a challenge. Also, I haven’t learned gradations for making a painting complex. Everything I’ve done so far is flat, flat, flat….

 

There’s a collection of coloring books in my house, and I enjoy them, especially the Halloween and Christmas ones. It’s even more fun when I can get one of the grandkids to color with me.

 


No comments: