Thursday, October 27, 2022

Wadsworth Reading @ the Aristocrat

 FLASH @ THE BAR

Photo left to right: Kasie Whitener, Rex Hurst, Anne Catharine Blake, Raegan Teller, Buck Brinson, AJ Brown, Bob Strother, and me.

 

Last night, I, along with six other writers, read aloud a flash fiction story at The Aristocrat in Columbia, SC. My story, "Wadsworth Walked Home After Losing His Horse in a Card Game” is about a shifty character who fell, hit his head on a tombstone, and landed in an open grave. The ending is true to our Halloween theme.

 

At Doug’s suggestion, I kept cutting this story until it’s half the original length, and I probably should have cut it more. And mine’s not the only story from last night that could have been edited shorter.

 

It was great to see Linda, Linda, and Debra from my aerobics class there.

 

Today I’m packing for a visit to our son and his family in Cincinnati. We’ll be back on Tuesday. I’m packing my Halloween mask.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment